- Template:Changeset needs updating (as in, the template itself, not just the page)
- Production Setup: Webserver badly needs updating, not just because of the references to Mercurial
- Dev Tools needs updating by someone who knows what's happening (i.e. not me)
- Summer of Code 2010: leave as historical document, or update in case we ever want to reuse the text?
The --set-upstream flag is deprecated and will be removed. Consider using --track or --set-upstream-to
Someone more familiar with git tell me what I should be editing those instructions to so's not to break anything? Cheers!
There are a few bits that are decidedly more hacky than I'd like, so it's definitely a thing that would benefit from others looking it over and making improvements, but it'll hopefully save other folk needing to go Perl diving for the details.
Any way out of that chicken-and-egg problem?
I've made some minor tweaks to Privileges. It is still marked as in-need-of-update and does not accurately reflect the full set of available privs. I'm happy to edit all of them in but would like input on how to adapt existing categories to this end :-)
if I don't put in anything in the "link to existing account" boxes and click login/create account, I get: "Fatal error: Call to a member function checkPassword() on a non-object in /var/www/wiki/extensions/OpenID/
SpecialOpenIDLogin.body.php on line 898"
So it looks like OpenID account creation may be horked. Possibly also regular account creation.
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/wiki/extensions/when viewing http://wiki.dreamwidth.net/wiki/index.
SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi/geshi/geshi.php on line 4531 Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /var/www/wiki/extensions/ SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi/geshi/geshi.php on line 4531
Edit: Okay, the wiki has been upgraded to the latest version.
Do I make a new account, or suffer, or? What do I do?
...except I can't create any new account at all. Okaaay.
So, who do I talk to in order to be able to edit the wiki?...
ETA: Okay folks, upgrade is complete, extensions are back up and running. Report any weirdness you see to me. I've also tracked down the Exception error happening when you logged in with a username/password--I couldn't find a way to fix it properly, but I cheated and modified the MediaWiki code to stop erroring out. (It had something to do with getting a NULL language code; since our wiki is all "en", it's safe to set it to that instead of relying on the broken bits trying to get user preferences from cookies.)
ETA: Finished! I think the ibdata1 should vex me no longer by taking up 12GB of the 19GB of space on the server, causing the file system to fill up entirely and make the wiki start to fail.
I had to go into the database to try and fix it; the category is now gone and I don't forsee any problems from that, but in case I did cause some, please let me know.
( for admin reference )